The Saturday Night Crunch

Hi folks! As I prepare to jump into National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo, as it's known), I've been pondering quick, easy meals that won't divert me too terribly from the too terrible novel idea I've committed myself to trying to execute. (I mean that in all senses. I plan to both complete and destroy this novel.)

I give you:

It's glistening with angel tears.
Sweet snow peas! Following the advice of my dad's many years of culinary catering experience (he worked on Barbara Streisand's birthday parties for a few years!), I bring you this little, simple, healthy delight.

This is how it goes:

  1. Take two to three handfuls of sweet snow peas. Rise them thoroughly.
  2. Heat 1 tsp coconut oil on skillet over a medium flame. 
  3. Add peas to pan. Beware that there will be many loud popping noises as the water is exposed to the oil. This will stop soon but don't get hit by any flying liquids! If you are really nervous at this step, set the flame to low when adding the peas and increase to medium after a minute or two. 
  4. Stir occasionally for 5-10 minutes or until peas are lightly browning. Make sure that you try to have both sides brown evenly. 
  5. Remove from flame. 
  6. Lightly salt and pepper for flavor. Mix well!
  7. Eat. Serves 1 (or 2 as a side).
Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. angel tears? lol
    and what??? BARBRA STREISAND?

    im looking forward to this novel :)
    and yum snow peas. must make this.

    ReplyDelete