meet our fruit friend, the lemon

lovely lemon, not only are you filled with nutrients,
but our relationship brings me so many other joys.
Today's Fruit Friend: 
The Lemon aka C. limon
 Likes: 
playing in the rain, lounging in the sun, the color yellow
Dislikes:
smokers, being pressed for time
Hobbies:
collecting stamps
Favorite Quote:
 "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"




Lemon Water - the Magical Potion

Today, let's talk about the benefits of the lemon. I recently read this Lifehack article by Krissy Brady that says everything I want to tell you about lemons, particularly about a new long-term relationship with a daily dose of our friend the lemon in your water.
Lemons are packed like a clown car with nutrients, including vitamin C, B-complex vitamins, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, and fiber. (Fun fact: they contain more potassium than apples or grapes!)

so fresh and so clean

  Lemon's gifts include but are not limited to:

     1. Boosting the immune system
     2. Giving extra energy 
     3. Clearing face blemishes
    4. Helping with weight loss and metabolism

 Read the full article here for more lemon magic: 11 Benefits of Lemon Water You Didn't Know About.
 

I cut a lemon ito slices every day and pop them in my water bottle or drinking cup.  My refills throughout the day are filled with fresh, lemony goodness. I recommend making it a normal part of your hydration routine.

What about when I want to get fancy, you ask?  

Take it back to the classics - with our recipe for fresh-squeezed lemonade.

No comments:

Post a Comment