my new best friend, the NINJA MASTER PREP PRO

When I was earlier on in my twenties, I dated a boy who we are going to call Ebenezer.  Ebenezer was a very practical boy, and I was a young dreamer.  For Christmas, around our one (and only) year anniversary, I found a large package messily wrapped.  I excitedly tore it open.  Inside was a blender.

A month later we broke up (not solely over the blender). The blender was left in the basement of my parents' house and forgotten.
  
Fast forward 6 years, I bought a $20 blender at Walmart. It provided me with lumpy smoothies for several months. But then it started to smoke and make screeching noises. I tried to keep it alive for as long as possible, but one sad day, despite my pleas, it gave up on life.    

I visited home last month and went to look for Ebenezer's blender. I finally appreciated his gift, finally had a use for what I had once scoffed!! 

But alas, when I pulled it from the dusty basement boxes, I found it cracked and missing important pieces. Much like my relationship with Ebenezer. 

the joy of sparkling fresh, new love

And Now, to the Point:

All this to express the joy I experienced yesterday when my new blender came to my apartment. Ninja Master (already intrigued) Prep Professional (get out of here amateurs).  Here is a 15 second video of me using it:

Pros

It includes 3 size containers, one for food processing (HUMMUS AND SALSA!), one medium sized (SINGLE SERVE SMOOTHIE!), and one big one (MARGARITA PARTIES! *just don't forget, alcohol is poison).  It blends like a dream, as long as you don't try to shove a half of a frozen banana in the blades.  Everyone has their limits.  

Cons: 

You do have to stand there and hold the button down as it blends.  This is fine, unless you are like me and want to mind your own business while the blender works independently.  

Overall:

Everything I've blended so far has put the smooth in smoothie, and I'm filled with joy every morning when I have my usual peanut butter, banana, and spinach smoothie (recipe here).
smooth criminal

Important Update: 

Two days after receiving this blender in the mail, a second one arrived on my doorstep! WHAT!?
I LOVED IT SO MUCH IT REPLICATED ITSELF.  Now, to figure out what to do with the second one....  Joanna?? <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment